Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
The company reached out to me to offer to send a replacement without requiring a deposit. I am glad they are offering a resolution that doesn't further inconvenience the customer, I am hoping it goes smoothly.
Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2014
I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box.The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box.
The processor was loose inside the shipping envelope. I was already disgusted by the way this item was packaged then I discover the processor wasn't even the one I ordered! The chip has a different model number imprinted on it then the model number that I ordered (on the invoice and mangled box). I had to place 3 different calls (all taking 15 minutes to get in touch with someone), then I am told to email photos of the damage and the processor, which I do.
I am told to include my phone number in the email and someone will call me back - no one ever does. I finally call again and someone magically finds my email. I am told that the part I was sent was an OEM part not for retail sale. While the agent acknowledged I was sent the wrong product they refused to offer any solution that didn't involve me making an additional $250 charge on my credit card or sending the wrong part back then waiting for them to receive it before they will send the right part (this option doesn't work because this is a Christmas gift I will be giving in 10 days).
So now I am stuck with a completely mangled box (makes for a lousy gift!), the wrong product and no options. In addition to the part being wrong, since it's an OEM part, if anything is wrong with it or goes wrong in the future I won't be eligible for AMD tech support as the part was not supposed to be sold to retail customers. I've never had such a poor customer experience.
The company clearly messed up, this is not anything I am at fault for yet I am not given any options or even consideration.The agent just said "We work with many different warehouses and we don't perform the quality control.
More Review Details
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Customer care
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I sent my latop in as the hard drive failed, after only 6 months of use (The machine is still under warranty) and recieved an email telling me the screen..."
- "Ive ordered JXD S5100 game tablet (device) for my son on 20th november 2012. I received package begin January 2013. After opening and examining device, i figured there is no..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Ordered the shirt advertised because it really looked good. Paid over $26. Took over two months to receive. Once received it was not the shirt I ordered...."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Airbnb is in the middle of a security crisis they have been "hacked" from. Airbnb's "Trust and Safety Team", is swamped with listings that have been high-jacked. I am host..."
- "I purchased this "sport" windscreen from an Ebay seller from Italy for an XDiavel. BEWARE!!! The bolts that came with it are MUCH too short, and are black steel..."
- "The reason for this message today is that I ordered my food through the drive thru jack in the box on sepulveda and border. We finished the small ice coffee..."