NCIX - They sent me the wrong product and refuse to make it right.
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
The company reached out to me to offer to send a replacement without requiring a deposit. I am glad they are offering a resolution that doesn't further inconvenience the customer, I am hoping it goes smoothly.
Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2014
I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box.The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box.
The processor was loose inside the shipping envelope. I was already disgusted by the way this item was packaged then I discover the processor wasn't even the one I ordered! The chip has a different model number imprinted on it then the model number that I ordered (on the invoice and mangled box). I had to place 3 different calls (all taking 15 minutes to get in touch with someone), then I am told to email photos of the damage and the processor, which I do.
I am told to include my phone number in the email and someone will call me back - no one ever does. I finally call again and someone magically finds my email. I am told that the part I was sent was an OEM part not for retail sale. While the agent acknowledged I was sent the wrong product they refused to offer any solution that didn't involve me making an additional $250 charge on my credit card or sending the wrong part back then waiting for them to receive it before they will send the right part (this option doesn't work because this is a Christmas gift I will be giving in 10 days).
So now I am stuck with a completely mangled box (makes for a lousy gift!), the wrong product and no options. In addition to the part being wrong, since it's an OEM part, if anything is wrong with it or goes wrong in the future I won't be eligible for AMD tech support as the part was not supposed to be sold to retail customers. I've never had such a poor customer experience.
The company clearly messed up, this is not anything I am at fault for yet I am not given any options or even consideration.The agent just said "We work with many different warehouses and we don't perform the quality control.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Customer care
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "Bought a laptop this Christmas from BB's website. It would have been a great deal for a 2.4Ghz processor, 4G of RAM and a Tb of hard drive. ..."
- "I got my order on 4/1/2016, I bought 20 iphone SE 64gb for $5,980fedex delivered in 1 day. I also got my 10 ipad pro's on 4/1/2016.I am very happy..."
- "So the dress comes in and it's gorgeous, I try it on and it doesn't fit but I've taken off the tag not knowing that you can't return like that..."
- "Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words... This is an error message I got from the LastPass plugin for Firefox under Linux. Shortly after this message my browser..."
- "Borealis Face Cream was next to useless. If you fall in with a team of folks, you may pick up their Skin Care habits. Send me an email if you're..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "Ordered the shirt advertised because it really looked good. Paid over $26. Took over two months to receive. Once received it was not the shirt I ordered...."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."