Sandy, Texas
Resolved

Update by user Dec 08, 2014

The company reached out to me to offer to send a replacement without requiring a deposit. I am glad they are offering a resolution that doesn't further inconvenience the customer, I am hoping it goes smoothly.

Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2014

I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box.The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box.

The processor was loose inside the shipping envelope. I was already disgusted by the way this item was packaged then I discover the processor wasn't even the one I ordered! The chip has a different model number imprinted on it then the model number that I ordered (on the invoice and mangled box). I had to place 3 different calls (all taking 15 minutes to get in touch with someone), then I am told to email photos of the damage and the processor, which I do.

I am told to include my phone number in the email and someone will call me back - no one ever does. I finally call again and someone magically finds my email. I am told that the part I was sent was an OEM part not for retail sale. While the agent acknowledged I was sent the wrong product they refused to offer any solution that didn't involve me making an additional $250 charge on my credit card or sending the wrong part back then waiting for them to receive it before they will send the right part (this option doesn't work because this is a Christmas gift I will be giving in 10 days).

So now I am stuck with a completely mangled box (makes for a lousy gift!), the wrong product and no options. In addition to the part being wrong, since it's an OEM part, if anything is wrong with it or goes wrong in the future I won't be eligible for AMD tech support as the part was not supposed to be sold to retail customers. I've never had such a poor customer experience.

The company clearly messed up, this is not anything I am at fault for yet I am not given any options or even consideration.The agent just said "We work with many different warehouses and we don't perform the quality control.

Review about: Processor.

I didn't like: Customer service, Customer care, Accuracy.

1.6
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $188
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with NCIX?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion