NCIX - They sent me the wrong product and refuse to make it right.
Update added by user Dec 08, 2014
The company reached out to me to offer to send a replacement without requiring a deposit. I am glad they are offering a resolution that doesn't further inconvenience the customer, I am hoping it goes smoothly.
Original review posted by user Dec 08, 2014
I opened the shipping package only to find a completely mangled, crushed and ripped AMD processor box.The seal was broken and the processor wasn't even in the box.
The processor was loose inside the shipping envelope. I was already disgusted by the way this item was packaged then I discover the processor wasn't even the one I ordered! The chip has a different model number imprinted on it then the model number that I ordered (on the invoice and mangled box). I had to place 3 different calls (all taking 15 minutes to get in touch with someone), then I am told to email photos of the damage and the processor, which I do.
I am told to include my phone number in the email and someone will call me back - no one ever does. I finally call again and someone magically finds my email. I am told that the part I was sent was an OEM part not for retail sale. While the agent acknowledged I was sent the wrong product they refused to offer any solution that didn't involve me making an additional $250 charge on my credit card or sending the wrong part back then waiting for them to receive it before they will send the right part (this option doesn't work because this is a Christmas gift I will be giving in 10 days).
So now I am stuck with a completely mangled box (makes for a lousy gift!), the wrong product and no options. In addition to the part being wrong, since it's an OEM part, if anything is wrong with it or goes wrong in the future I won't be eligible for AMD tech support as the part was not supposed to be sold to retail customers. I've never had such a poor customer experience.
The company clearly messed up, this is not anything I am at fault for yet I am not given any options or even consideration.The agent just said "We work with many different warehouses and we don't perform the quality control.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Customer service
- Customer care
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I finally received the childrens learning tablet today, as I suspected its a piece of Garbage lights dont work, scratches, black marks all over it, rust marks in the screw..."
- "I ordered 3 7" iRola Android Tablets DX752 for my kids for Christmas. I purchased them at the end of November. My kids played on them for 1 day and..."
- "I bought the headphone ATH-ANC7b one year ago by the amazon website. Nowadays the ear protection of synthetic leather showed problems, started to lose the seam. How I'm from brazil,..."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Ordered the shirt advertised because it really looked good. Paid over $26. Took over two months to receive. Once received it was not the shirt I ordered...."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "On Nov 25 I tried to order a Waterville 2 times with no success Onthe 3rd try I had success. When I checked the order the at around 3:00pm on..."
- "Rashard Johnson of the Forty Niners was penalized 15 yards for "Unsportsmanlike conduct" for making a "snow angel" after scoring what he thought was a touchdown. Ridiculous. Period. Our whole..."
- "I ordered 2 side kick glass top bunching tables from Ethan Allen based on a white wood sample board that the decorator showed me in the showroom. The store did..."